Estate & Asset Protection Planning
Our experienced Estate Planning and Asset Protection attorneys at the Dobson Law Group provide advanced estate planning services including estate analysis and asset protection planning to individuals, families, professionals and business owners in Greenville and throughout South Carolina. The federal and state laws governing these areas are complex and continue to evolve. We encourage you to consult our experienced Asset Protection lawyer who can provide a comprehensive estate analysis and design an innovative asset protection solution tailored to your individual circumstances to protect and preserve your assets.
We strive to provide our clients, through a disciplined and principled approach, comprehensive estate planning and asset protection solutions utilizing advanced planning strategies and legal instruments for asset protection, incapacity planning, and wealth preservation throughout your life and the distribution assets after your death. Through this process of analyzing the estate and estate planning, we identify at-risk assets and potential vulnerabilities.
Assets can be at risk due to a number of vulnerabilities, including:
- Professional malpractice liability
- Personal liability of corporate officers and directors
- Lawsuits by former business partners
- Personal injury suffered on your premises
- Personal injury resulting from a motor vehicle accident
- Liability as guarantor for the debts of another
- Liability arising from misconduct
About Asset Protection Planning
The development and implementation of a forward-looking plan to protect your assets and preserve your estate from future risks such as predators, creditors, or judgements is call Asset Protection. Asset Protection planning utilizes a combination of legal strategies and to prevent or deter potential lawsuits and the seizure of assets after a judgement. Our Asset Protection lawyer will help guide you through the process of Asset Protection planning and the implementation of an Asset Protection plan as part of an integrated Estate Plan strategy. We also consider government funded programs with asset and income eligibility requirements such as Medicaid Benefits for long-term care.
Objectives of Asset Protection Planning Strategy
- Safeguarding of family assets, savings, investments, real estate from lawsuits and claims;
- Safeguarding against inadequate or unavailable insurance coverage;
- Safeguarding rental properties mitigating and reducing potential lawsuits;
- Safeguarding of business assets, accounts receivable from lawsuits and claims;
- Eliminating the Probate process;
- Minimizing, reducing Estate taxes;
Asset Protection Strategies
We utilize a broad range of Asset Protection strategies including: Some of the asset protection
- Business organization and entity formations
- General & limited partnership
- Sole proprietorship
- Limited Liability Corporation
- Professional Corporation
- Delaware Asset Protection Trusts and Nevada Asset Protection Trusts
- Delaware Statutory Trusts
- Dynasty trusts (passing assets from generation to generation with minimal estate tax impact)
- Equity stripping and Equity Reduction Plan (ERP)
- Family Limited Partnership
- Family Savings Trust
- Investment vehicles and entities receiving favorable treatment under state law.
- Life insurance trust
- Other asset protection tools
- Offshore LLC’s
- Offshore Trusts
- Personal Residence Trust
- Privacy trust
- Spendthrift Trusts
We understand your life, business, and estate requirements’ goals and objectives will undoubtedly change. Asset Protection planning is an iterative process rather than a one-time event and we work with our clients continually reviewing, modifying and updating your asset protection strategy as a component of your overall integrated estate plan.
Consult a South Carolina Asset Protection Attorney in Greenville
Our Asset Protection lawyers can provide a comprehensive estate analysis and design an asset protection solution tailored to your individual circumstances to protect your assets and preserve your estate. We encourage you to contact an experienced Estate Planning lawyer at the Dobson Law Group to discuss your options and requirements at (864)271-8171 or online to schedule an initial consultation.
The Dobson Law Group provides Estate Planning & Asset Protection attorney legal services to clients in Greenville County and throughout South Carolina including Abbeville, Anderson, Cherokee, Greenwood, Laurens, Lexington, Newberry, Oconee, Pickens, Richland, Spartanburg, and Union County. We are licensed in South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida, and Georgia.