Medicaid Asset Protection & Property Transfers
Our experienced Medicaid Planning attorney at the Dobson Law Group provides comprehensive estate planning legal services advising on Medicaid Asset Protection and Medicaid Property Transfers to individuals and their families in Greenville and throughout the Upstate of South Carolina. The federal and state laws governing South Carolina Medicaid program Healthy Connections and the rules of Asset Protection and Asset / Property Transfers continue to change and are far more complicated than what most people anticipate.
We will help to create a road-map for Medicaid eligibility and develop an integrated legal and financial strategy to utilize Medicaid benefits to pay for long-term nursing home care while protecting your assets.
Importance of Early Medicaid Planning for Medicaid Asset Protections & Property Transfers
Medicaid asset protection is an integral component of Medicaid planning. Most individuals and families spend their entire lifetime creating an estate with the objective of providing a secure retirement and for the financial benefit of a spouse after death as well as future generations. However, a lifetime of prudent financial planning and decisions can be quickly devastated by the unanticipated event of you or your loved one entering a nursing home or long-term care facility. Early Medicaid planning with the assistance of a Medicaid planning attorney can assist families legally and financially protect their assets and transfer property.
We provide guidance on:
- Asset preservation strategy for future generations;
- Prevent the impoverishing a healthy elder to pay for care for his or her spouse;
- Establish special needs trust to pay for excluded items to enhance quality of life;
- Asset distribution and transfer strategy that is lawful and does not jeopardize Medicaid eligibility;
- Qualify their elder or disabled family member for Medicaid financial support;
- Help their elderly family member get into housing placement that best meets their needs and wants;
- Save the family significant money;
- Medicaid Planning Strategies by an experienced Medicaid Planning Attorney
Medicaid Asset Protection, Distribution & Property Transfer Strategies
We understand the complexities of the Medicaid program will utilize various Medicaid asset protection and property transfer strategies to preserve your assets, provide instructions within the law for the legal transfer your property and develop a road-map for Medicaid eligibility. Our attorneys help clients design and implement several Medicaid asset protection and property transfer strategies including:
- Asset transfers, asset distribution, and property transfers
- Income only trusts
- Testamentary trusts
- Supplemental needs & Special needs trusts
- Protection of the house through Life estates
- Protection of the house through Irrevocable trusts
- Spending down strategy
- Immediate Annuities
- Increased Community Spouse Resource Allowance
- Protection from South Carolina Medicaid Estate Recovery and Lien process
Plan Now, Consult a South Carolina Medicaid Planning Lawyer in Greenville SC
Our Medicaid planning attorney can assist you in developing a custom-tailored strategy to enable you to qualify for Medicaid benefits to pay for long-term nursing home care while preserving your assets. Don’t wait to plan, contact a Medicaid Planning attorney at the Dobson Law Group to discuss your options and requirements today at (864)271-8171 or online to schedule an initial consultation.
The Dobson Law Group provides Medicaid Planning & Eligibility legal services to clients in Greenville County and throughout South Carolina including Abbeville, Anderson, Cherokee, Greenwood, Laurens, Lexington, Newberry, Oconee, Pickens, Richland, Spartanburg, and Union County. We are licensed in South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida, and Georgia.